I am a roboticist with a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science.
I have a passion for Robotics, open source software, and Education.
Therefore I worked a lot with open source robotics software, i.e.
to develop intelligent distributed robotic systems and supervising robotics
students at the University of
Hamburg, Group TAMS.
- Jungheinrich, Hamburg, Germany
- SW Development Engineer Smart Assistance Systems (September 2011 - Present)
- University of
Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
- Research Associate and Ph.D. student (September 2011 - October
- ST-NXP Wireless, Nuremberg, Germany
- Software Engineer (January 2008 - January 2009)
- Philips/NXP Semiconductors, Nuremberg, Germany
- Software Engineer (July 2005 - December 2007)
- Robustness by Autonomous
Competence Enhancement (RACE), University of
Hamburg (December 2011 - January 2015)
- 3 consecutive years "excellent" review results by the
European Union FP7 programme
University of Hamburg (January 2012 - February 2016)
- Second Place Overall and First Place Systems Engineering Paper in 2010 Competition
For more projects see my Project page.
My code portfolio is availabe at Github: https://github.com/buzzer
These are the languages in which I have worked (listed in
order of proficiency):
I have experience with these major Operating Systems:
- OS X
- I do all my personal and professional development on my MacBook using OS X
- I have used Unix since starting on Solaris in 2002, and Linux since 2009 and I would consider
myself an expert
- Maintenance and office work
For development, I am grew up working in Vim on Unix, Linux and Mac OS X.
So I normally work with a solid text editor and command line tools in a
terminal. I use IDE's only when appropriate for the environment like for iOS
or Java development.